At Waikato Regional Council we know that there are more benefits to work than just a salary.
We are committed to our purpose and to making sure our people can truly be their best. That’s why we’ve invested so heavily in our leadership and cultural development programmes, and we work hard to ensure everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
Take a look at some of the benefits we can offer you.
- Salary rates that are benchmarked annually.
- KiwiSaver paid as an addition to normal salary.
- Generous leave entitlement and you can purchase an extra week if you want to.
- Long service leave after five years of service.
- Five days sick leave with an additional five days after every six months of service.
- A sick leave donation programme where people can donate sick leave to colleagues in need, if they wish.
- Twenty-two weeks paid parental leave plus up to two weeks paid partner’s parental leave.
Non-financial benefits and support
- Programmes to recognise outstanding achievers and celebrate success.
- A purpose built, green-star aligned premises in central Hamilton which we are moving to in 2020. Our new building will have collaborative work spaces, room to move and a healthy, mobile environment.
- Flexible working in most parts of the business to enable work-life balance.
- Culture surveys which check in with staff regularly to find out how we’re doing and which lead to action plans to support our organisation to be its best.
- Social club with regular events.
Learning and development
- Great career opportunities. A third of our vacancies are filled via promotions.
- Leadership development programme.
- Summer student placement recruitment programme which accepts around 30 new students each year.
- Comprehensive staff induction programme for all new joiners.
- Company-wide learning and development calendar with loads of courses you can book into.
- You’ll be able to convert one day sick leave into a ‘wellbeing’ day every six months.
- Contribution towards the cost of health and vision screening.
- Free, annual flu vaccines for those who would like them.
- Employee assistance programme to help people deal with stress or pressures from any source of their lives.
- Wellbeing team, led by staff members which encourages and supports colleagues to make choices to improve their wellbeing.