In the news
2019 WINTER WORKS PERIOD IS FAST APPROACHING…
Most land disturbance or earthworks resource consents have fairly standard winter works conditions that include:
- Having to apply to and be approved by WRC to undertake earthworks past 1 May annually.
- Sites should be appropriately stabilised by 30 April annually.
With applications for undertaking winter works, there are further criteria the Waikato Regional council will consider, such as:
- The nature of the site and the winter soil disturbance works proposed;
- The effectiveness of the existing/proposed erosion and sediment controls;
- The compliance history of the site/operator;
- Seasonal/local soil and weather conditions;
- Sensitivity of the receiving environment;
- Any other relevant factor.
For 2019, the nature of the site (including being stabilised by 30 April 2019) will be a key consideration and it is stressed that sites work towards this, as stipulated in the consent conditions, irrespective of whether an application for working past this time is being made or not.
ANNUAL EROSION AND SEDIMENT CONTROL WORKSHOPS AND TRAINING
Dates for the 2019 workshops have been not been set, but we are working to finalise these in the next few weeks. Find out more, including dates and registration forms, here.
Read our newsletter for earthworks contractors and industry.