Results - data and trends
The link below points to an Excel file that contains the source data to this indicator's graph and any additional data.
Download the data file
The graphs below show the number and length of consented shoreline protection structures in the Waikato region:
- There are 38 consented coastal protection structures in the Waikato region.
- The total length of structures involved is approximately 4.6 km.
- 2.5 km are located in the Coromandel Peninsula, while 2.1 km are located on the West Coast.
- These structures are present along approximately 0.4 per cent of the total shoreline length of the region.
- This indicator over time will reflect erosion pressure on development or infrastructure located nexto to the coast.
The data was collected in June 2011.