6.4 Guidelines for Assessment
Chapter 6.4 provides guidelines for how Waikato Regional Council will assess discharges of odour and particulate matter with regard to:
- Resource consent applications for activities established or authorised after the date of notification of this Plan.
- Resource consent applications for activities lawfully established or authorised before the date of notification of this Plan.
- Complaints received by Waikato Regional Council from the regional community.
- Compliance with permitted and controlled activity rules in this Plan.
- Compliance with relevant resource consent conditions.
These guidelines for assessment should be read in conjunction with the thresholds in Policy 1 of Chapter 6.1 of this Plan.