5.2.10 Environmental Results Anticipated
- A decline in the number of contaminated sites created each year.
- An increase in the number and use of refuse transfer stations in rural areas and hazardous waste collection depots.
- Solid waste on farms managed in a way that avoids adverse effects.
- A reduction in the proportion of green waste in municipal solid waste streams going to landfill.
- Increased rates of waste oil recycling/recovery through the oil industry waste oil collection programme and territorial authority collection systems.