5.1.7 Environmental Results Anticipated
- A reduction of the areas within the Region affected by accelerated erosion.
- Improved water quality as a result of reduced severity of accelerated erosion.
- Reduced rates of accelerated infilling of estuaries, lakes, artificial watercourses, rivers and karst systems.
- Maintenance of the life supporting capacity of soils.
- Greater public awareness of the importance of maintaining stable productive soils.
- Maintenance of the ecological values associated with land.