3.6.5 Environmental Results Anticipated
- An increase in the use of off-stream dams and dams in ephemeral water bodies for water supplies/water harvesting and establishment of wetland areas.
- The uses and values of water identified in the Water Management Classes in the Water Management Class Maps maintained.
- Provision for tangata whenua values regarding the diversion and mixing of waters.
- Fewer new dams on perennial water bodies.
- Continuous fish passage along streams and rivers classified for Indigenous Fisheries where it would otherwise occur in the absence of unnatural barriers.