A series of public consultation meetings are due to begin next month as part of a scheduled review of the Waikato region’s navigation safety bylaw.
A formal public submissions process on the review is due to get underway on 17 December.
Ahead of that, Waikato Regional Council is holding a series of public meetings to get the community’s input into the review process.
The meetings are all at 6pm:
- 8 October, Raglan, supper room, Raglan town hall, Bow St.
- 9 October, Cambridge, EWaipa District Council offices committee room, 23 Wilson St
- 10 October, Hamilton, Waikato regional Council chambers, 401 Grey St
- 15 October, Whitianga, community board room, 10 Monk St
- 16 October, Tairua, Tairua library meeting room, 2 Manaia Rd
- 17 October, Whangamata, War Memorial hall, 326 Port Rd.
“If you’re interested in having a say on how the boating rules are shaped for the Waikato come along to a meeting near you,” said navigation safety programme manager Nicole Botherway.