Basic investigative skills for local government
The aim of this publication is to provide council enforcement officers with generic investigative skills. The guideline also supports the national compliance qualification project.
Topics covered include:
- enforcement and investigative concepts
- the law of evidence
- record keeping and file maintenance
- scene attendance - practical
- scene attendance - legal / investigative
- exhibit handling
- interviews and statements
- enforcement options
- the court process.